Hi, I'm Laura Hutchinson, the owner and content creator here at HowToGYST.com. Read on for disclosures, disclaimers, and general legal jargon. I'll try keep it as clear as possible.
First things first, by viewing this website or anything made available on or through this website, including but not limited to products, services, opt-in incentives, downloads, videos, webinars, live streams, blog posts, comments, newsletters, emails, social media, and/or other communication (collectively referred to as “website”), you are agreeing to accept all parts of these disclosures and disclaimers. If you don't agree to everything below, be gone.
REVIEWS, SPONSORSHIPS, COLLABORATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, ETC.
My opinions and recommendations will always be my own unless otherwise expressly stated. Any claim, representation or material fact about a product or service should be verified with the relevant brand, manufacturer, or provider. I'll only ever work with brands I like and believe are relevant to my readers, and I will only ever be honest in my appraisals.
If I received a product for free, or if I benefitted in any material way (warm, fuzzy feelings don't count), I'll say it.
Sometimes I'll partner with a company or individual to promote their products or services in exchange for a commission or other reward. As above, I'll only do this with brands I genuinely like and really feel will benefit my readers. It's up to you to use your good judgement as to whether the product or service and the person or company providing it is a good fit for you. I'm not liable in any way for any issues that may arise with an affiliate partner.
One such affiliate partner is Amazon. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
In plain English, that means I'll sometimes earn a referral commission if you buy something from Amazon through one of my links. It doesn't cost you extra at all, and it's greatly appreciated. I personally purchase items from Amazon on a regular basis, which is why I'm comfortable recommending them.
Affiliate links will be clearly identified as such, either right above or below the URL.
I love receiving and reading your comments, so keep them coming. Having said that, this is my part of the internet pond so I will delete at my discretion and without warning any comment I feel is false, defamatory, prejudiced, spammy, hateful, or just plain rude. If you've nothing nice or constructive to say, jog on.
Long story short, don't be a dick.
I use testimonials from real readers about their experiences with my services and products. No-one is ever paid or otherwise materially rewarded for their testimonial (just a sincere thank you), nor is anyone told what to say.
They're for illustrative purposes only, to show what some individuals have achieved, and are in no way a guarantee that you will have the same results or experiences.
From time to time I'll run giveaways on the site. They're just for funsies and to reward readers, and are in no way related to gambling or sweepstakes. Sometimes I'll be personally providing the swag, sometimes it'll be a third party.
Terms and conditions for each giveaway will be listed individually. However, here are the guidelines all will follow unless expressly stated otherwise in the giveaway itself:
- Winners must be over the age of 18.
- Winners will have 72 hours from the end of the giveaway to claim their prize, in default of which a new winner will be picked and announced. Said new winner will then have 72 hours to claim their prize, and so on until the prize has been claimed.
- Winners will be chosen using Random.org.
- I am not responsible for any items lost or damaged in transit, if the package is returned to sender, or if, for any other reason, the package is not successfully delivered to the recipient. If the prize is provided by me, it will be posted within 10 working days of being notified of the winner's address (bar exceptional circumstances). I will always obtain proof of postage, and the item will always be sent by registered post, meaning it will have a tracking number and will require a signature. If the prize is sent by a third party, I have absolutely no liability whatsoever for postage, packaging, or receipt of the package.
- I am not responsible for any items that incur any customs charges, excise duties, or any other taxes or charges. The recipient assumes full responsibility for discharging these, and waives any claim to the prize if s/he refuses to do so.
- Start and end times and dates will be listed with each individual giveaway and will be in Irish Standard Time unless otherwise stated. (I will sometimes also provide the time and date in other time zones for your convenience. In such instances, the particular time zone(s) will be expressly stated. Where no time zone is stated, it is assumed to be Irish Standard Time.)
- At my discretion, entrants may be disqualified if I have a reasonable suspicion that they are engaging in fraudulent or underhand tactics, or are in any way trying to "rig" the giveaway for their benefit. Such activity includes but is not limited to using more than one account or email address to enter the giveaway, or encouraging others to enter on the understanding that the prize will still go to the first individual.
- It is your responsibility to seek clarification on any matter relating to a giveaway BEFORE entering said giveaway. This can be done by leaving a comment under the giveaway or by contacting me directly at hello @ howtogyst.com. If, for any reason, you cannot claim the prize, do not enter the giveaway. If you have already done so, please inform me at the earliest possible opportunity so that your entry can be deleted. This is only fair to other entrants.
- I retain the right to end any giveaway at any time and/or to cancel any giveaway completely, with or without prior notice.
THE REST OF THE LEGAL STUFF
Personal responsibility & assumption of risk (AKA it's all on you)
The information provided in or through this website is for educational and informational purposes only, and solely as a self-help tool for your own use.
While I was a lawyer at one point in my life, I no longer practice. I am also not an accountant, financial advisor or doctor, nor am I holding myself out to be. The information contained in this website is not intended to be a substitute for legal, financial or healthcare advice. Although care has been taken in preparing the information provided to you, I cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions (I'm only human, after all), and I accept no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage you may incur, howsoever caused. Always seek professional advice relating to your specific circumstances for any questions or concerns you have.
For your part, you acknowledge that you are using this website voluntarily and that you are solely and personally responsible for your choices, actions and results, now and in the future. You accept full responsibility for the consequences of your use, or non-use, of any information provided on or through this website, and you agree to use your own judgment and due diligence before implementing any idea, advice or recommendation from my website in any area of your life. The same applies if you decide to pass on any of the aforementioned ideas, advice or recommendations to someone else.
As with all situations, there will be risks and circumstances that can't reasonably be foreseen. You understand that any action or inaction on your part is taken at your own risk, with no liability whatsoever on my part for any illness, injury, loss, damage, inconvenience, expense, or even death that may occur. You assume all these risks yourself. Again, use good judgement and/or seek independent advice.
Limitation of liability, indemnification, & release of claims
By using this website, you agree to absolve me of any liability or loss that you or any other person may incur from use of the information, products, materials, or services that you request or receive through or on my website. You agree that I am not liable to you or to any other individual, company or entity, for any damages for use of or reliance on my website.
You agree that I am not liable for accidents, delays, injuries, harm, loss, damage, death, lost profits, personal or business interruptions, misapplication of information, physical or mental disease or condition or issue, or any other type of loss or damage due to any act or default by me or anyone acting as our agent, consultant, affiliate, team member, or anyone otherwise affiliated with my business or me, who is engaged in delivering content on or through this website.
You hereby fully and completely indemnify and release me and any of my agents, consultants, affiliates, team members, or anyone otherwise affiliated with my business or me from any and all causes of action, allegations, suits, claims, damages, or demands whatsoever, in law or equity, that may arise in the past, present or future that is in any way related to my website.
In other words, if you mess up, you're on your own.
Guarantees & warranties
In short, I make none whatsoever, express or implied.
I will help and support you to reach your goals and fulfil your potential, but your success depends primarily on your own effort, motivation, commitment and follow-through. I can't guarantee particular results. Just because something worked for someone else does not mean it will work for you. You fully agree that there are no guarantees as to the specific outcome or results you can expect from using the information you receive on or through this website.
I can hold your hand, advise you and encourage you but, at the end of the day, you've to get up off your own arse and do it yourself. You alone are responsible for both your successes and failures.
Errors & omissions
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information shared on or through this website, the information may inadvertently contain inaccuracies, or typographical or grammatical errors. (The horror!)
You agree that I am not responsible for the views, opinions, or accuracy of facts referenced on or through my website, or of those of any other individual or company affiliated with my business or me in any way.
And look, things change. Information gets updated and things evolve and grow. Just because something may have been true at one point in time doesn't mean it still is or that it's considered best practice.
Use your common sense and do additional research.
References or links on my website to the information, opinions, advice, products or services of any other individual, business or entity are not formal endorsements. I'm merely sharing information you may (or may not) find useful or helpful. I am not responsible for another website's content, blogs, e-mails, videos, social media, programs, products and/or services, even if it is linked or referenced in my own website.
Conversely, should my website link appear on any other website, product or service, it does not constitute my formal endorsement of them, their business or their website either.
Phew. Did you survive all that?
By using my website you are agreeing to all the above. If you have any questions, now's the time to ask. Email me at hello @ howtogyst.com.
Otherwise, head back to the home page, hit the 'back' button on your browser to take you back to where you were, or close this browser tab/window.
Thanks so much for all your support. :D